Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hola Coca Cola!

San Pedro

Ok so I know I haven’t posted for a while—since we’ve returned to San Pedro and the Lake. So much has happened, I don’t even know where to start. My mind is blown on a daily basis. It’s been really great, but I am finally coming to terms with the fact that soon, we will be leaving this place and making our way home. It’s going to be sad. We’ve made many friends here. Gotten used to things. We've become attached to the family we live with. But we also have plans now for the rest of the year, so we feel optimistic.

So for now, here is a (very) brief list of highlights since the last post.

Played poker with some locals. Daniel took it all.

Went shopping with Dr. Pizza.

Fireworks are everywhere in Guatemala! Seriously.

Filled 3rd hard drive with awesome footage.

We saw a man paddling a canoe full of boulders. I guess they have to get around somehow.

In Antigua, our car got broken into. John’s iPod was stolen. On the plus side, we had a sheet of metal installed in its place. Just the next step in the Mazda becoming some kind of Mad Max-Guatemalan hybrid.

Lava! Really. A river of bright red, molten rock. We saw it. 5 ft away! Just another thing we’ve seen here that I didn’t think I’d ever see in real life. Awesome. And it’s in the movie.

Talked about the Galactic Federation with a man called Merlin.

Climbed a Holy Mountain with Dael.

Witnessed a blood sacrifice in Chichicastenango for the Solctice.

For Christmas, we had a great barbecue with our friends Marie and Simon.

Daniel’s B-Day was fun, I think.

New Year’s was really great. Went to the top of the hill above San Pedro to check out all the fireworks. Everyone in town gives us a hug. Friendly country.

Like I say, too much happened for one blog post. Just know that this is going to be one hell of a movie. And we’ll have loads more stories and pictures for everyone when we get back.

---Zafer , “Rafael”

No comments:

Post a Comment